Next I spread them all out on a cookie sheet lined with non-stick foil. (I LOVE NON-STICK FOIL!) I have to admit that I should have split them between 2 sheets because they were pretty crowded and I'm pretty sure that slowed down their cooking and kept them from getting as crisp as they might have. I am a bad little blogger and I didn't take a picture of my over crowded cookie sheet. I'm sorry. They baked away in my preheated 450 F oven for 15 minutes before I turned them over with a spatula. Reminder, because I always forget. When your oven is that hot, open the door and then wait a second or three before reaching in! I let them cook another 8 minutes then I turned the oven to "broil" and gave them a minute on each side.
What I learned.
- 3 potatoes was too many
- over crowding the baking sheet wasn't a good idea
- I could have been a little more generous with the Tony's
- baked sweet potato fries are easy and yummy
Preheat oven to 450F
- 2 sweet potatoes
- black pepper
- garlic salt
- Tony Chachere's
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Give sweet potatoes a little scrub under running water. Leave the skin on, it's good for you.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2" sticks.
- Soak sticks in cold, lightly salted water (you may have to add ice) for 20 minutes.
- Drain well and sprinkle on salt, black pepper, garlic salt and Tony Chachere's to taste. Drizzle with olive oil and toss with your hands. It's ok, you can wash them.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet covered in non-stick foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning after 15, then broil for a minute on each side.
- Serve warm and enjoy!