Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thing 2 .... Roasted Red Pepper Pesto


I've never made pesto before.  Weird huh?  I make "grinch chicken" sometimes which is chicken coated in something that's almost pesto but with no nuts.  So, thing 2 is  Roasted Red Pepper Pesto.  I got the recipe from FightFatFoodie on food buzz.  I only made two small changes to their recipe.  I used fresh red bell peppers and roasted them myself rather than using canned.  Since I had no vegetable broth I used water to thin my pesto to the consistency I wanted.  I was very happy with the flavor.  Hubby was extremely pleased as well.  This will now go into our regular recipe folder!


fresh bell peppers, raw walnuts, basil from my garden, garlic, parmesan and parsley


 
roasted peppers, toasted walnuts, parmesan, chopped garlic, chopped basil and parsley

all ingredients (including olive oil, salt and pepper) ready to blend

about 1/4 cup water was added

served over grilled chicken and bowtie pasta


Ingredients (as I made it):
  • 2 - 3 red bell peppers, roasted, skins removed, cut into chunks (about 1 cup)
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 3 oz toasted walnuts
  • 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
  • 1/4 cup basil
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup water
Combine all ingredients except water in blender and blend until finely chopped.  Gradually add water until desired consistency is reached.  Enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. Yum - this sounds fantastic! I love hummus and will have to add this to my "to try" list! Great post and beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hummus is coming up soon on my list.

    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete